Leading with Empathy
Tuesday, October 18, 2022 (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (EDT)
What does it mean to be a leader? Is it being in charge or is it being responsible for those in your charge?
Your skills, knowledge, and experience are important when it comes to leading districts, schools, teams, or classes. But whether interacting with staff, students, or parents, leaders also need empathy-a key social-emotional skill-to be effective and drive continuous improvement.
Discover how to grow your own empathy, as well as that of others, and the enormous positive effect this can have on your school. Explore how to view differences of opinion as opportunities to learn. And learn how empathy can help you:
- Build strong relationships
- Better connect with students' parents.
- Reduce conflict by eliminating problems before they get out of hand.
- Model and pursue the crucial issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Improve instructional leadership.
46 Donovan Street
Concord, United States